Getting help with EFW Community
Endian provides several “community driven” solutions to solve any problems you may encounter with the EFW Community Version. This means, the support is free but depends solely on the good will of other people in the Open Source Community to help you.
Message From Endian:
“We ask for your understanding that Endian is unable to provide professional support for our free-to-use Community product. We are happy to direct you to a collection of unofficial resources, however, if you require additional real-time and/or professional support you should consider our fully-supported Professional version.”
How to choose the appropriate support
In order to promptly find the solution of your problem, follow these steps:
- Read the Endian Firewall Documentation.
- Read the FAQ page.
- Check the Bug tracker known issues.
- Check for a solution using the below mailing lists. These serve as knowledge bases for many users.
- You can subscribe to Endian Firewall mailing lists kindly hosted by Sourceforge.
- You can browse mailing list archives on Sourceforge (efw-user) and Mail-archive
- Thanks to Gmane, the mailing lists (Gmane info page) are now available as news group gmane.comp.security.firewalls.efw.user (archive) and RSS stream (efw-user).
- If you did not find a solution, then ask your question on the mailinglist.
How to ask
If submitting a question to the mailing list, bear in mind that you are relying on the good-will of other community users and not official Endian staff. They are under no obligation to respond to your request, nor does Endian validate support responses.
As a matter of professional courtesy, please exercise decorum when requesting community-supported assistance. We recommend you supply the following:
- Describe the issue in detail. (“It does not work” is not a sufficient description)
- What changes (if any) were made that may have caused the incident?
- Provide your exact hardware specifications.
- What steps did you take to troubleshoot the issue on your own?
- Which version of Endian CE are you running?
- Any other info you can provide: log files, outputs generated, etc.
Access our full Endian documentation!
Some features described within the reference manual are not available to the free-to-use Community Version. For a full list of the differences click here:
- View the multi-page HTML edition of the book
- If I have a problem with Endian appliance, how do I get support?
- First, in order to get support you must have a current (valid) active maintenance subscription on your Endian appliance. Next, you should contact your local Endian partner from whom you initially purchased your Endian appliance. To learn more, please read more about our support process.
- I am interested in selling and supporting Endian, how do I become a partner?
- If you are a business, reseller, system integrator or distributor interested in selling Endian solutions, you can begin the process by completing this form.
- How do I learn about all Endian products and get pricing information?
- To learn more about all of our solutions, please start by visiting our product page and you can get more details for each product line. To get pricing information, please fill out this short form or contact your local Endian sales office.
- How can I test-drive or get a demo of Endian products?
- If you want a deeper test drive, contact your local Endian sales office to request a free trial appliance you can run in your own environment (hardware, software and virtual demo programs are available).
- Where can I find more information about Endian (beyond the documentation)?
Getting help with EFW Community version
Just check out the EFW Community Support Forums. Thanks to all to the creators of these sites, we really appreciate your support!
Auf der deutschen inoffiziellen Seite für die Endian Community Firewall kurz EFW….
Welcome to the Endian Firewall unofficial Support Forum…
Eduardo Jonck – bem vindo ao Fórum Endian Firewall
Comunidade Brasileira de Endian Firewall