How to choose the appropriate support
In order to promptly find the solution of your problem, follow these steps:
- Read the Endian Firewall Documentation.
- Read the FAQ page.
- Check the Bug tracker known issues.
- Check for a solution using the below mailing lists. These serve as knowledge bases for many users.
- You can subscribe to Endian Firewall mailing lists kindly hosted by Sourceforge.
- You can browse mailing list archives on Sourceforge (efw-user) and Mail-archive
- Thanks to Gmane, the mailing lists (Gmane info page) are now available as news group gmane.comp.security.firewalls.efw.user (archive) and RSS stream (efw-user).
- If you did not find a solution, then ask your question on the mailinglist.
How to ask
If submitting a question to the mailing list, bear in mind that you are relying on the good-will of other community users and not official Endian staff. They are under no obligation to respond to your request, nor does Endian validate support responses.
As a matter of professional courtesy, please exercise decorum when requesting community-supported assistance. We recommend you supply the following:
- Describe the issue in detail. (“It does not work” is not a sufficient description)
- What changes (if any) were made that may have caused the incident?
- Provide your exact hardware specifications.
- What steps did you take to troubleshoot the issue on your own?
- Which version of Endian CE are you running?
- Any other info you can provide: log files, outputs generated, etc.