Endian Firewall Community 3.0.5-beta1 released
Endian Firewall Community 3.0.5-beta1 has been released and is now available for download. This new minor release contains many improvements and closes more than 350 issues.
The most prominent improvements in this new release are:
- – “Network types” have been added to the network wizard and uplink editor to be able to distinguish between firewall setups in different network topologies.
- – Support for transparent implementations through a new bridge mode has been added.
- – With the new TPROXY support in the HTTP proxy it is now possible to create firewall rules, routing policies and other rules based on the source IP address even if the proxy is being used.
- – The complete rewrite of the event management engine results in better performance when analyzing log files and sending notifications.
- – The anti-virus engine has been updated.
- – Many security vulnerabilities have been fixed.
- – Hardware support has been improved.
If you are a registered Community user you can also install the new packages on existing systems. All you need to do is connect to the console and run efw-upgrade:
|root@efw-3:~ # efw-upgrade
Please choose the appropriate channel for your environment and hit [ENTER]:
1) Production (stable releases)
2) Development (bleeding edge)
The packages are available in the bleeding edge channel. Choose 2) and enter the email address in the following step:
|Please enter your username and hit [ENTER]:
The packages will be updated now.
Copyright 2017 Endian Spa | via Pillhof 47 | I-39057 Appiano, (BZ) Italy | P.IVA 02472130216 - Numero REA: 180987